De-ozonation system: UV systems for Ozone destruction for the food and beverage industry
There are many applications for UV disinfection and de-ozonation systems in the food and beverage industries, including: treatment of incoming water and CIP (Clean-in-Place) rinse water; dechlorination; disinfecting cooling media, sugar syrups, liquid sugars and de-aerated liquor; and brine disinfection in the meat packaging industry.
Hanovia UV systems help provide water to the highest possible standards as demanded by regulatory bodies such as FDA quality procedures including Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
Product features and benefits:
- De-ozonation – Hanovia UV systems will help to reduce ozone considerably using no chemicals. Ozone is used in many water treatment applications from swimming pools to Ultrapure Water for pharmaceutical or microelectronics production. Whilst being used as a disinfectant, ozone has characteristics which can lead to problems such as being highly toxic can produce carcinogenic chemical (bi products from ozone reacting with water chemical species).
- Non chemical disinfection – Hanovia UV systems utilise powerful, low wavelength, ultraviolet light to destroy bacteria and other microorganisms without the use of chemicals. This makes your process simpler, extends the life of your RO or EDI membranes.
- Revolutionary optimised, absolute intensity UV monitor – Located within the chamber, it allows the controller to automatically correct the dose calculation as UV transmittance varies without the need for an external UV transmittance monitor.
- Smart controls – Ensure continuous monitoring and real-time display of the verified RED (Reduction Equivalent Dose) and allow three levels of password-protected security and provide Modbus output to SCADA systems, allowing event logging. In addition, the controller has an on-board message display panel and many other safety and alarm features.
- High efficiency, long life amalgam lamps – Hanovia uses the latest generation of amalgam lamps, all of which use the latest electronic ballast, ensuring extended lamp life (typically in excess of 10,000 hours).
- Easy Installation – The PureLine DO UV systems fit into existing pipework and vessels relatively easily, requiring minimum disruption and site preparation. Once installed, the production plant can be kept operational 24 hours a day, without the necessity of shutting down the plant during routine lamp change. When a lamp needs to be changed is it a simple procedure that can usually be done by on-site personnel with no specialist training.